PDA

Ver la Versión Completa : Schumacher to race for Mercedes in 2010

betto
23-Dec-2009, 06:53
:llanto2: :run3:

German firm welcome back their former 'apprentice'

After weeks of speculation Mercedes confirmed on Wednesday that Michael Schumacher will make a comeback to race for the team next season alongside fellow German Nico Rosberg.

Schumacher, who retired at the end of 2006, has signed a deal that will see him return to the Formula One grid at the age of 41, bidding to add to his record tally of 91 wins and seven world titles.

It follows a planned comeback earlier this year for Ferrari - the team with which he won his last five drivers’ championships - to replace the injured Felipe Massa. Those plans had to be abandoned because of a neck injury from a motorbike accident.

Now fully fit, Schumacher will revive his relationship with Mercedes, a company with whom he had close ties earlier in his career. The German carmaker recently purchased the 2009 title-winning Brawn GP team, retaining team principal Ross Brawn, who previously helped lead Schumacher to title glory at Benetton and Ferrari.

"Mercedes GP Petronas represents a new challenge for me both in a sporting and a personal context,” said Schumacher. “It is a new chapter in my racing career and I am really looking forward to working with my old friend Ross Brawn and my companions from my days with the Mercedes Junior Programme.

“I am convinced that together we will be involved in the fight for the Formula One World Championship next year and I am already looking forward to getting back onto the race track. For me, this partnership closes the circle. Mercedes supported me for so many years when I began my Formula One career and now I can hopefully give something back to the brand with the star."

Ross Brawn commented: "I am delighted that we can confirm today that Michael will make his much-anticipated return to Formula One next year and drive for our Mercedes GP Petronas team. As seven-time world champion, Michael's outstanding record in Formula One speaks for itself and I am looking forward to working with him again.

“With the completion of our driver line-up, I believe that we now have the most exciting partnership in Formula One with Michael and Nico, who provide the perfect mix of talent, experience, speed and youth. We can now turn our full attention to the preparations for the new season and everyone at Mercedes GP Petronas is extremely excited about the challenge ahead.”

Explaining Schumacher’s previous Mercedes relationship, Norbert Haug, Vice-President of Mercedes-Benz Motorsports, added: "In April 1991, when I had been in charge of the Mercedes-Benz Motorsport programme for just six months, Michael was standing beside me on the balcony one evening. Without the slightest doubt, he said in a low voice: ‘It's about time that I got into Formula One’. Michael had just turned 22 years of age and four months later, he made his debut at Spa in a Jordan. Mercedes-Benz helped him to this point and the rest is history: seven world championship titles, more than any racing driver, 91 Grand Prix wins, more than any racing driver. Michael has more of everything than every other driver.

“As part of the Mercedes Junior Programme, Michael had raced in Group C sports cars and competed in a few DTM races. Ross Brawn, then our opponent at Jaguar, quickly realised Michael's talent and they went on to win all seven of his drivers' world championship titles together at Benetton and Ferrari. Our sporting ambition has always been that Michael should drive again where his professional career had started and Michael knew that. We often joked about it after the races and discussed the prospect seriously several times during the last 14 years in Formula One. It didn't happen in 1995, it didn't happen in 1998 and it didn't happen in 2005. I am delighted that it will now happen in 2010. I am very much looking forward to working with Michael and everybody at Mercedes-Benz and Daimler extends a very warm welcome to our 'apprentice' of 19 years ago. That apprentice is now the most successful racing driver of all time."

Fuente: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/12/10301.html

Elektrospeed
23-Dec-2009, 08:11
:cheebs: hoy si pizaditos!

super31
23-Dec-2009, 08:14
aqui hay algo mas de info: http://www.milenio.com/node/346744

FIRE
23-Dec-2009, 08:17
:susto2:

Elektrospeed
23-Dec-2009, 08:28
Aun no me la creo :run: jklasffkaslasf

edwinquiran
23-Dec-2009, 08:30
Ese duelo Alonso - Schumacher va a estar bueno.

diego_10
23-Dec-2009, 09:05
esto va estar bueno, aparte 10 millones anuales q lujo

lobomochilero
23-Dec-2009, 09:30
:susto:

bueno ahora si a darse verga pizados...

spoon-sports
23-Dec-2009, 11:43
al fin el rey regresa...
hoy si se pisa al alonzo y al hamilton q no sirven para ni pinga

salim69
23-Dec-2009, 15:16
Buen pues ojala y de verga a los ferraris!

cap.falcon
23-Dec-2009, 15:16
:sustopop:

SGilberth
23-Dec-2009, 21:46
:drowned:

:run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run: :run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run:

SGilberth
23-Dec-2009, 21:49
:alaputota: fuck!!!!!!
Shumi-Mercedes-GP
Vettel-RedbullR
Alonso-Ferrari
Hamilton-mclaren
ya quiero q empiese la nueva temporada :run2:

arnoldo
23-Dec-2009, 21:54
uuuf :adorap: a ver a quien le voy ahora :run: askljdgh

jettovr6
23-Dec-2009, 22:00
lagranputa :adorar:

con tan mala suerte que la f1 ahora la va a dominar lotus con trulli :risa1: fasdjklgjklañsgjañl

ojala se den verga vettel, schumacher, hamilton, alonso :alaputota:

Carlos CHang
23-Dec-2009, 22:15
Bien dicen que cuando el rio suena es porque piedras lleva, esta mierda se va a pones buena, ya quiero ver a todos los novatos dandose verga con shumi, deplano lo que estaba esperando era que Brawn lo llamara hoy solo falta que Todt se una al equipo, yo creo que mas lo hace por diversion porque por el pisto no creo, bueno a desvelarse y a disfrutar esta mierda de la F1 otra vez (ya es tiempo de cambiar mi firma)

arnoldo
23-Dec-2009, 22:47
yo creo que mas lo hace por diversion porque por el pisto no creo, bueno a desvelarse y a disfrutar esta mierda de la F1 otra vez (ya es tiempo de cambiar mi firma)
:word:

se va a poner bueno :risa2:

type-R
23-Dec-2009, 23:17
se fue con mercedes :rvm:

ala vergaaaaaaaaaaa. yo era fan de la escuderia ferrari por Schumacher.

el mas grande, Schumacher :adorar:

SHUMACHER
26-Dec-2009, 19:13
Bueno regresa no como hubiera yo querido pero el solo echo de que vuelva creo que a muchos nos dará mas emoción en cada carrera de f1 en lo personal shumi me inspira cuando corro y a pesar que este año nuevo sera muy difícil para nuestro automovilismo estas son las cosas que nos alimentan y nos inspiran a seguir disfrutando de este deporte.

Victor.E
26-Dec-2009, 19:18
:alaputota: x 1000000

Ivan
27-Dec-2009, 12:12
:run:

como q ahora me vuelvo MB :run2:

pero tengo sentimientos encontrados..... :rvm:

transformer
29-Dec-2009, 20:32
De verdad Felicitaciones a MS por tomar el riesgo de regresar a la F1
Ni Modo, como se fue Kimi, hay que ir con toda la Bateria a apoyarlo
En cuanto a que dejo Ferrari, eso es mentira, Le Dio varios Campeonatos y no esta de mas que gane un su campeonato con la marca de su tierra natal.