VelocidadMaxima.com

VelocidadMaxima.com (//velocidadmaxima.com/forum/index.php)
-   Noticias / Articulos Interesantes (//velocidadmaxima.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   R.I.P. Boyd Coddington (//velocidadmaxima.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95811)

Bullitt 27-Feb-2008 13:24

R.I.P. Boyd Coddington

:( me acaban de pasar esta noticia en el messenger :S

Cita:

Brody dice:

World-renowned tuner and hot rod king Boyd Coddington died at 6:20 am this morning. The cause of death is still unknown. Coddington, founder of Boyds Wheels and designer of prize-winning custom cars, had recently been hospitalized twice for an undisclosed medical condition. Although he was though to be in recovery, rumors of his untimely death began circulating today throughout the forums. A spoke

http://www.boydcoddington.com/

http://www.boydcoddington.com/Store/...ain-header.jpg

un poco de su historia para los que no lo conocen..

Cita:

Much has been written about Boyd Coddington, and viewers might infer even more from watching Boyd's television show, American Hot Rod. Everyone wants to know what makes this guy tick, but few come close. One thing that can be said with some certainty is that this postwar baby-boomer has no use for a pilot light. His mental and physical burners have been on full-bore from Day One, cooking up an endless stream of ideas in vehicles, wheels, and much more. Along with the dreams and visions, Boyd grew up in a time and place where everyone was expected to pull their own weight, and when something broke around the place, you didn't buy a new one, you fixed what you had. Pretty soon you started making your own stuff you needed from steel or wood you had on hand. This kind of adaptation and ingenuity was a tailor-made resume for entering the post-war hot rod movement.

That Boyd Coddington is a household name is no stretch. Recognition of any kind would be something special for a car-loving kid who grew up rural Idaho, but from his hot rod "shop" beginnings in his home garage in Cypress, California in the late Sixties, Boyd set a standard for his workmanship, creativity and thinking from which he's never deviated. Hot rod afficionados who saw some of those first cars he produced many not have recognized the stocky guy with the Hawaiian shirt at that time, but they noticed that all his cars shared the same look and level of detail. Smooth, integrated, no hiccups, nothing extraneous; they were surgery-room clean in form and function.

He and contemporary Li'l John Buttera, who had made his fame building drag-racing funny cars before he got into street rods, were both master machinists and had developed a new aesthetic for rods, something that doesn't happen everyday in a largely tradition-minded hobby. Rather than buy a reproduction of a vintage Ford rearview mirror as a restorer might do, they would take a block of aluminum and with lathe and mill "carve away everything that didn't look like a mirror." It was the beginning of the billet phenomena. Many shops got on the bandwagon eventually, but they missed the point by writing a CNC program to produced billet parts in quantity, and soon everyone had the same mirrors, or gas caps or other billet parts. Boyd's take on using his machine shop was never to mass-produce anything, it was a way to create a unique and different part every time, to actually build things as one-offs, and of course he became famous in the car community by even building a set of four unique billet wheels for many of his eager customer's cars. This was genuine customizing in the modern world, as different artistically from the norm as the old-time customizers like Westergard, Sam Barris and Gene Winfield were in their day compared to those who just dechromed cars and changed grilles.

http://www.boydcoddington.com/store/...pedImage_1.jpg

http://www.boydcoddington.com/Store/...views/33_1.jpg

jagiron 27-Feb-2008 13:28

que huevos :s:
Rip boyd

kamikaze kustomes 27-Feb-2008 13:30

Que lastima... Qeu descanse en paz

Celica Beto 27-Feb-2008 13:31

que huevos :rvm: Rip

2368 27-Feb-2008 13:32

:rvm:

pcontreras04 27-Feb-2008 13:32

el q salia en american hot rod.. de discovery...:alaputota:.

q en paz descance....

ceboloco 27-Feb-2008 13:36

Pobre Que Mala Onda Vale Verga Va

FIRE 27-Feb-2008 13:41

:rvm: RIP

luisgt13 27-Feb-2008 13:43

pobre... ese rea el dueño del taller del programa american hot road creo q se llamaba

laa379 27-Feb-2008 13:45

:alaputota:

jaironep 27-Feb-2008 13:55

A Todos NoS Llegara La Hora, La Mujer De Este Cuate Ta Wuenota :perro2:

kamikaze kustomes 27-Feb-2008 13:59

simon era el american hot ro y de ahi salio Foose

eliteswat 27-Feb-2008 14:01

ala yo miraba su programa

RIP

cerberus_gt 27-Feb-2008 14:03

:susto:

R.I.P.

tonny 27-Feb-2008 14:05

R.I.P.
:rvm:

esalazar 27-Feb-2008 14:06

era enojado pero se miraba buena onda :(
R.I.P.

jaironep 27-Feb-2008 14:08

:gtfo:nAH FOOSE CREO QUE HIZO ALGUNOS PROYECTOS CON EL PERO NO ES PUPILO DE ESTE CUATE...

jccastillo 27-Feb-2008 14:11

esa si es una perdida grande para el mundo de los modificados. :(
antes de morirse esta gente calidad deberian de preguntar antes si lo canjean por otro pizado para dejar al bueno. por ejemplo juankevo a cambio de este diseñador. es solo ejemplo pues...
GUILLERMO el que vende compus a cambio de este diseñador,

un carro de Boyd Coddington en recuerdo RIP.
http://www.leblogauto.com/images/193...ont_side_2.jpg

Franck 27-Feb-2008 14:14

R.I.P.

dejo un gran legado, sobre todo esta plasmado en cada carro, seguro sus recuerdos perduraran por mucho tiempo.

kamikaze27 27-Feb-2008 14:34

RIP :rvm: tenia el programa en discovery.....

luda 27-Feb-2008 14:38

RIP :rvm:

Ejuarez 27-Feb-2008 14:44

verdaderamente una gran perdida :rvm:

Cheesypuffs 27-Feb-2008 14:50

ala puta qeu cagada... se pierde otro genio
RIP

miata_rules_mx5 27-Feb-2008 15:10

RIP daklfjñaljdf

VW57 27-Feb-2008 15:20

Que Gran Perdida Era Un Gran Reconstructor De Los Hot Rooad R.i.p

La franja horaria es GMT -6. Ahora son las 07:15.